Sunday, October 16, 2005

Today is a good day meaning I only feel like throwing up 60% of the time. Yesterday was a long, long day. Neil and I went to the gym in the morning. I made it about 20 minutes on the elliptical machine before I realized I was either going to a) pass out and fall off machine or b) vomit my breakfast onto the rows of stationary bikes in front of me. Since neither was a good option, I had to go sit in the car and wait for Neil. I also realized that I now get extremely car sick, so if I'm not driving, I have to stick my head out the window like a dog. I came home, miserable in my queasiness and achiness, and stayed in bed almost all day. Staying in bed doesn't really help because I feel just as bad lying down as in any other position. It also is risky because when you feel too terrible to sleep, and you're too dizzy to read, what else can you do but watch TV? So, I watched TV, but television is laden with images so disgusting, I can't believe I never noticed before. The horror of Olive Garden and six dollar burgers and worst of all Weinerschnitzel's pizza hot dog (I'm gagging just thinking about it) is overwhelming.

What is really odd about this entire morning sickness extravaganza is that the only time I feel good is when I am eating. So, I force myself to try to eat something. Suddenly, something will sound good (yesterday, it was toasted wheat bread with marinara sauce and melted mozzarella) and I just have to have it. While I'm eating, I feel so good, I eat more (4 pieces of wheat toast pizzas). As soon as I finish eating, there is a two minute window where I feel semi-normal. Then, I suddenly feel nauseous, with the added bonus of being full and painfully bloated. That is when the heightened misery sets in.

So, I am eating my way through this terrible chapter in what I hope ends up being an easy pregnancy.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Blog Search Engine
Seo Blog - free blog hosting! Publish your blog for free!