Saturday, October 01, 2005

I have relaxed the tiniest bit. I still worry when I don't feel queasy and when my boobs don't feel like they are straining against my bra to escape. But, I feel less like I'm having a never-ending anxiety attack and more like I am fluctuating between happiness and paranoia on a minute by minute basis.

I've had my blood drawn twice to check my HCG and Progesterone levels. Before the second miscarriage, my doctor had me take supplemental Progesterone. It obviously didn't work, but I tried it again, initially, with Hayden. I remember when I got my first blood test results that time, the doctor told me my Progesterone was very high - higher than people can achieve while taking supplemental Progesterone, so I was able to stop taking it. This time, it's a similar story. I didn't take Progesterone this time, but my level is very, very high, so I don't have to worry about it. Anything similar to my pregnancy with Hayden, I'm taking as a good sign.

The HCG level is supposed to double (or come close) every 48 hours. So, my level from Tuesday was 170, and Thursday (not quite 48 hours later) was up to 418. So, so far, all good signs. Very similar to last time. And I can breathe a little.

Those are about the only things that are similar to my last pregnancy. With Hayden, I remember being very tired, never the slightest bit nauseous, and hungry. All I wanted to do was eat. This time, the thought of food is really not enticing, and I have to make myself eat. It's not always that I feel sick, it's just that I'm not hungry at all. Which is weird, because even the non-pregnant me thinks about food. Alot. And, I'm not really that tired yet. I fell asleep on the couch three nights in a row last week, but this week, I haven't felt tired at all. And of course, that makes me worry.

So, now I just have to wait. I go for an ultrasound on the 12th, and I just hope all goes well from here on.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Blog Search Engine
Seo Blog - free blog hosting! Publish your blog for free!