Thursday, July 29, 2004

In 27 hours, I will be unconscious and my head may or may not be rattling to and fro under the siege of sledgehammers, chainsaws, and bolt cutters.  I don't know how they actually do it, and I guess it's better that way.  It doesn't make any sense, but I am more afraid of being unconscious while they are working in my mouth than I was when I had surgery on my internal organs.  I keep picturing how unattractive I am going to look with my eyes rolled back in my head and my mouth held open by some metal bear-trap looking device.  My vanity surprises even me! 

Yesterday, my sister spent her day off running errands for me for our party.  She went to Ikea for votive holders and candles, to Linens n Things for silver buckets for the drinks and a very particular hand towel for the bathroom, to Borders for hair style magazines, and to Vons for an emergency 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper.  And she delivered it all and watched Hayden so I could get some work done.  Hooray for Kate!  Thank you so much!

I am going to Target,  Henry's, and Vons today.  Then, I'll be here worrying about tomorrow and trying to focus on the one positive aspect of the whole surgery.  I'm sure to lose at least a couple pounds without even trying.  What with the bloody gums and the sore jaw and the no solid foods. 

Neil has his final interview today and they told him that as long as this interview went as well as the others he should expect a formal offer by Monday.  I don't think I mentioned that a good friend of ours worked for the same company for 15 years.  She says it was a good company to work for.  Her husband says we should run away screaming.  He said they had absolutely no family life during her years there, and we should turn it down no matter how good the money is.  So, it is very unlikely we will accept the offer (again).  This has really become a pattern for us.  Neil says he's just playing hard to get, turning down job after job, promotion after promotion - holding out for the one.  It's almost romantic.

The next time I post, I will have four less teeth in my mouth.


|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Blog Search Engine
Seo Blog - free blog hosting! Publish your blog for free!