Monday, September 29, 2003

****Radiohead****

I can only think of one word to describe the Sunday night concert - brilliant (said in an English accent for added effect).




They played almost every song I wanted to hear, surpassed my highest expectations, and made the whole crowd feel like a part of something bigger and more important. As soon as I woke up this morning, I looked to see if I could catch them in Vegas. Neil and I decided we'd pay a few hundred bucks per seat to a scalper. I was so bummed to see that the remaining U.S. shows are all back East, and then it's on to Europe. I even looked into seeing them in London (a bit impractical). I can only hope they extend the tour and come back to the states. It was that good.

And educational...

I learned not to try to show up fashionably on-time (we ended up stuck in traffic and parked in another time zone).

I learned that you should always bring a blanket to sit on even if your ticket says you can't.

I learned that expensive leather jackets and open toed shoes aren't that great when trudging through parking lot bogs and sitting on wet grass.

I learned that I will happily pay eight dollars for a tiny thimble of a cup filled with cheap chardonnay and that Neil will pay eight fifty for a "premium" beer, and that we will do it more than once.

I learned that even I will pee outside if I am trapped in a dirt parking lot for two hours after the end of the show (lucky for me there was shrubbery to hide in and pocket sized packages of Kleenex for emergency toilet paper in my car).

The setlist is here and Radiohead's webpage is here

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Blog Search Engine
Seo Blog - free blog hosting! Publish your blog for free!