Thursday, June 09, 2005

I know, I know. It's been nothing but remodel picture after remodel picture on this blog forever now. That's because the varying stages of house completion have been an undeniable presence in life around here for two months now. But, there has been life outside of granite tile and wonder-board. Neil graduated, we went on vacation. Now we're home and trying to adjust to this new life. I love that Neil is home every night and when he has a day off, we decide how to spend it. What I haven't figured out yet is how to still do everything I did while he was in school, but without the very generous extra, extra help of my mom and Neil's mom we had during those two years. Neil does get to come home every day after work, but he doesn't work 8 hour days. He works 12-13 hours a day, so he gets home by 7:00-ish. Since Hayden has stopped napping altogether, he has to be to bed by 8:00 or he becomes a ricocheting pinball of evil intent clanging around the house, shrieking and destroying at will. So, I have to feed him by 6:00 or 6:30. So, I am trying to get him to preschool and swimming class and take care of the house and do the shopping and errands and make dinner for Hayden and prep dinner for us and get 20 hours of work in a week. It's not working out so well at the moment. And I'm still going to the gym three days a week, and trying to run on the streets two evenings a week. I just need an extra day where I can lock myself in a room and do 24 hours of uninterrupted work so I can dedicate the rest of my week to being a Mom. I am a scheduling master, and I believe I can solve anything with an Excel spreadsheet and color coding, so I am not going to panic. I know I can make adjustments to make this all work. I just thought life was going to be so much easier. Better, yes...easier - not yet.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Blog Search Engine
Seo Blog - free blog hosting! Publish your blog for free!