Friday, March 04, 2005

Hayden has been doing really well with potty training. He's in underwear all day, and only wears a pull-up overnight because he still sleeps in his crib and can't get out. He's a great pee-er. He can stand up and pee, flush the toilet, wash his own hands; he's a pro. The problem we're having now is that he refuses to poop on the potty.

He just won't do it.

I have washed poop out of about six pairs of underwear in the last two days, and I just threw out one pair. I just don't know what to try. It is so frustrating. He knows he has to go. He knows what will happen if he tries to just hold it. Why is he so cool with peeing and so anti-poop?

I don't know why this is so infuriating for me, but it is. I can deal with temper tantrums, the picky eating, the whining, but this gets me really upset. I don't lose my patience very often with him, but this sends me right over the edge. I know this is not uncommon. I have heard lots of similar stories. I know eventually he will figure it all out. What do I do in the meantime?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Blog Search Engine
Seo Blog - free blog hosting! Publish your blog for free!